Tips to Get Shiny Hair
Are you wondering how to have shiny hair and to keep them beautiful during winter cold days?
Here are some easy tricks for you to get the lustrous hair you are dreaming of:
Beauty begins on the inside: have a balanced diet with plenty of various fruits and greens giving you healthy nutrients, especially avocados. Selenium and zinc are the most important nutrients to get healthy hair: they can be found in mushrooms and beans. Drinking a lot of water also improves the quality of your hair (and the quality of your skin/nails). The quantity you should drink depends on your height and weight. We easily forget to drink water so when you are working, keep a glass of water or a cup or herbal tea next to you, bearing in mind that we approximately need to drink 8 glasses of water a day.If you don’t like drinking water or herbal teas, give priority to water-heavy fruits and vegetables.
Use vinegar like a conditioner to revive your hair: mix two cups of apple cider vinegar and a cup of water before you have a shower. Shampoo your hair, ideally 3 times a week, with cold water. Cold water makes the hair smoother. Then, use the mixture from top to bottom of your hair. Once this is done, leave the vinegar for 15 minutes on your hair. Squeeze them and don’t wash them again. To finish the conditioning, just rinse your hair. Give it a try using vinegar twice a month is more than enough to get results.
Use a tee-shirt to dry your hair, as you would do with a towel. The bigger the tee-shirt, the easier; especially for long hair! Blow-dry with a brush and oil your hair with extra virgin olive oil or almond oil. It will make your hair grow and become shiny! Spread the oil on your palms first, then put a little at the bottom of your hair. Wrap them up in a plastic film and a towel for three hours. Make sure you use a tiny drop or they will look greasy.In general, try not to put too much shampoo, hair mask, oil or conditioner in your palms before applying these products on your hair.
Products you will need and tips:
- When you buy oil for your hair, read the label to make sure this is pure oil.
- If your hair are particularly dry, you can use hair masks. You can create a natural mask by mashing an avocado and spreading it in your hair with olive oil, leaving it on your hair during 20 minutes before rinsing it off while massaging your scalp.
- Give priority to natural products, without ‘sodium lauryl’ and ‘laurethsulfates’. I suggest you Avalon products (natural and cheap compared to organic products). Honey is also a good natural moisturiser: mix 2 tablespoons of honey to two cups of warm water and spray this solution on your hair.
- When you detangle your hair, use a wide-toothed comb. Keep a travel-comb in your bag when you go work. If you brush your hair, don’t brush them too hard.
- Do not use heat styling tools too often. Try to reserve them for special occasions.
- Get regular trims.
- Offer yourself deep conditioning treatments with some mayonnaise: once every couple of weeks, leave the mayonnaise during 30 minutes on your hair before washing it out.
- You can leave malt beer a few minutes on your hair, rinsing it before using your conditioner.
- Protect your hair : wear a hat when the sun is strong and a swim cap in the pool. Don’t go out in the cold with wet hair but let your hair dry naturally as often as you can (at home or when the weather is nice). Admire the results !
Let us know what are your favourite products and tricks to get shiny hair. Leave your comments below!